Every year at this time of year we read through the Easter story as we find it in the gospels and we remember Jesus death on the cross for our sins. After many years perhaps the story becomes one we don't completely pay attention to or it doesn't impact us because we've heard it before. I've seen a lot of pain and suffering around me in the last couple of months, which perhaps has caused me to reflect more on the Easter story this year. To be honest in the last couple of weeks, I've shed quite a few tears as I've walked beside others in their pain. I think these experiences put me closer to the foot of the cross. As I've sung the Easter songs and read the Easter story, tears have escaped my eyes as I've reflected more upon the great sacrifice Christ made for ME.
Carey, the first grade teacher, shared with me a story that impacted me greatly. One of the parents of her students shared with her that the previous night her son had been praying before going to sleep. When he was finished he began crying and crying. His mother asked him what was wrong and why was he crying. He looked up at her and said, "I just can't believe that Jesus suffered so much for me."
"But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed. Isaiah 53:5
No comments:
Post a Comment