Saturday, May 28, 2011

Recent Events

I'll officially be leaving Nicaragua in less than a month. As a result, I've decided to plan some trips to places I had heard about but never gone to before. Friday a group of us went to Chavalandia. This place opened about a year ago and is quite unlike most places in Nicaragua although might seem very common to a North American. At Chavalandia you can rent rollarskates! Amazingly they also have helmets and kneepads too. It was actually very well organized and tidy. I was quite impressed. Claire and Jennifer find themselves on the ground quite often but had a blast inspite of it.
The second place we visited was Hertylandia. This is a Nicaraguan style waterpark. The property is actually very large but only a small portion of it is funtioning. It looks like it was probably a happening place many years ago. There are 3 waterslides but they can only run one slide at a time because of water pressure. Part way through the afternoon we asked them to switch the water to a different slide so we could try out other one too.


They also had go carts at Hertylandia. We asked a guy raking some leaves if we could use them. He came over with a jug of gas which he siphon into the cars. Besides the horse on the track was a pretty normal ride.


No comments: