Sunday, May 22, 2011

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

Veruca Salt demanding a trained squirrel from Mr Wonka
Augustus Gloop and his mother

Grandpa Joe and Charlie

The class I have loves acting and they are very good at it. I had copies of scripts for Charlie and the Chocolate factory in my closet. I thought if any class could pull this play off it would be this one. The first time we read through the play it took us a week of reading classes and I nearly tossed the books out the window and said forget it. But we pressed on and had auditions and then started practicing and practicing and practicing. The students got involved in designing sets and costumes as well. They worked very hard and Friday we preformed it twice. I was soooo pleased with the production. They're bound to become famous one day. Grandpa Joe hugs Charlie after hearing that he won the last Golden Ticket

The first graders played the Oompa Loompas with Miss Angie

Willy Wonka taking his guests down the chocolate river in his boat

Willy Wonka explaining the Great Glass Elevator to the remaining kids


MUCH THANKS TO KATE AND CAREY for their support and help. There were so many people who helped us pull off this project.

No comments: