Friday, July 30, 2010

Moldy Mess

After a great time in Canada, it's good to be back in Nicaragua. It's also been great to hear that there continues to be plenty of rain; hopefully making up for the shortage we had last rainy season. A number of reasons factored into me finding my car turned into a mold farm. Early on in my study of science I learned all about what makes a great environment for mold. My car was parked under a tree in the shade for about a month. With all the rain we've had, it provided the perfectly damp, warm, and dark area for the mold to take off. And take off it did! I've never seen so much mold in one place! So... it was war with the mold and I believe after a couple of scrub downs, a trip to the store to buy cleaners, some fresh air, and sun, I have won the war.


Adios mold! After the war on mold (below).
FYI: I filed these pictures into my Crazy ol' Nicaragua picture file.

2 comments:

Ena said...

WOW Aimee that was a mess to come home to. It was great to see you and visit with you here is Houston. We are missing Michaela and know she is doing well in her new home. Have a great year in Nicaragua. Year 6 - wow, time flies.

Unknown said...

oh my word. that is awesome!