My time in Canada began with a week long trip to Houston, BC. I enjoyed reconnecting with friends and loved life in a small town again. It's been 6 years since I taught there at HCS. That means that the last class I taught in Houston graduated this year. I was able to attend the graduation; what a treat to see how those 6th grade kids have grown up to be bigger kids.

Celebrating Canada Day at the park in Houston.

Michaela and I joined the Tuesday morning group of ladies who hike each week. It snowed, but not to worry I was wearing a tank top, T-shirt, long sleeve shirt, jacket, and hoody. That's right 5 shirts, it was just right. We hiked to Crater Lake and caught a glimpse of some wildlife and flowers struggling to get through the snow.


An evening with Mr. and Mrs. Gesch from Quick, B.C. Enjoying an after dinner walk.

Mr. Gesch paid the kids 10 cents for each log they moved from the shed to the garage. Great workers!
No comments:
Post a Comment