It's head first back into the classroom. Mostly I have a couple of pictures of my students in their most recent activities. We've been studying electricity and magnetism in Science. Students have always enjoyed learning this stuff. I think they feel really smart using these new and big words because they always listen well. And of course there are some fun experiments with batteries, wires, and light bulbs. This week we were testing for conductors and insulators and one student wanted to test the metal capping over his tooth. I decided against it...
We also got out the craft box and used some of our scraps to make puppets. We then used the puppets in some plays about Elisha. The kids did a great job. The hardest part for them always seems to be writing the script for the story, but this class did an awesome job. After all the puppet shows the kids got together for a group picture with their puppets. A large group of my class is pretty reserved, shy, and non-dramatic. When taking the group shot I said, "Everyone talk to your puppet." I was really surprised by their reaction. You can see from the pictures that everyone is having a pretty serious conversation with their puppets. Oh they make me laugh.


Today a student asked me, "Miss Bootsma, how old are you?" I told him I was old enough to be his mother. He looked at me with big, wide eyes and said, "Wow Miss Bootsma you're 35!?!"
We also got out the craft box and used some of our scraps to make puppets. We then used the puppets in some plays about Elisha. The kids did a great job. The hardest part for them always seems to be writing the script for the story, but this class did an awesome job. After all the puppet shows the kids got together for a group picture with their puppets. A large group of my class is pretty reserved, shy, and non-dramatic. When taking the group shot I said, "Everyone talk to your puppet." I was really surprised by their reaction. You can see from the pictures that everyone is having a pretty serious conversation with their puppets. Oh they make me laugh.

Today a student asked me, "Miss Bootsma, how old are you?" I told him I was old enough to be his mother. He looked at me with big, wide eyes and said, "Wow Miss Bootsma you're 35!?!"
1 comment:
Aimee! We just got Liam's newsletter and I saw your picture and then was able to find your blog on the Sea to Sea website! So cool! I remember those sock puppets from Dordt! Looks like you have a ton of fun with your class! How long have you been teaching down there? -melis
Post a Comment