Sunday, January 6, 2008

Snowy Days and Christmas

As was predicted I also had a snowy and cold Christmas. I was in Canada for the past two and a half weeks. It was a blessing to spend time with family there. The best way to sum it up is with pictures, so.... here we go. The day after I got home my niece and nephews were skating with their school. This is a tradition I've been able to share with them for several years. Andrew looked like a cartoon character as he whizzed around the ice with the help of the training apparatus. These guys also took me tobogganing twice, but I don't have any digital pictures of this. They treated Aunt Aimee to two very fun winter activities.
Sara and I spent a night with Faye. Annika met Santa Claus on the streets of Guelph. She told him she had been a good girl this year and received a candy cane as a result. You can tell from the picture she was pretty excited about the whole experience.
That night we went to Sparkles in the lights. It was very cold brr.... There was a carousel ride in this park as well which of course we all enjoyed, not just Annika.
It's just a little more exciting to wake up to falling snow after living in a tropical country for three and a half years. There were several snowy days while I was home and on this particular day it was perfect weather to build a snowman.
...and this wasn't even the coldest day. Not a real shocker for anyone who has lived in Canada, but when you come from 30 degree temperatures it is. I have to admit, I've become somewhat of a 'wimp' when it comes to cold weather now.
Christmas is great: remembering Christ's birth, church every other day, family, good food, warm homes, woolly socks, hot chocolate. But now I'm back in Nicaragua again. I'm excited to see what this new semester has in store for us here. I'm looking forward to seeing the kids again and to see what new experiences life will bring us as we live and learn together.

1 comment:

Theresa said...

I'm glad you had such a wonderful time during Christmas in Ontario, Aimee! Yes, it sure was cold. I've been able to phase into it gradually this year and STILL find it cold! ;) Best wishes for the coming year!