It's hard to believe that a year and a half has already gone by since I moved back to Canada; so much has happened in my life the past 18 months but also in the work in Nicaragua. Thankfully with easy use of the internet, I am able to keep up with some of the ministry in Nicaragua. Ministries continue to sweep the nation from north to south and east to west to help meet the physical, emotional, spiritual, and academic needs of the people.
Nicaragua Christian Academy continues to grow as well. In just a few short weeks, the doors of a third school will open. This school is located 3 hours outside of Managua in the city of Matagalpa. The director of this school is Carey Franklin under whom 8-10 local teachers are making preparations for the first students to arrive.
Tomorrow, January 11, I will fly out for a short trip back to Nicaragua. I'm excited to welcome the sites and sounds of Nicaragua, but most of all I look forward to seeing the people. After spending the weekend in Managua, I'll be driving to Maltagalpa on Monday to spend the week with Carey and the new teachers. I look forward to seeing the new school, facilitating teacher training, and helping teachers prepare their classrooms.
It is my prayer in the coming week that an easy connection will be made with the new teachers so the training sessions might be dynamic and fun. I also pray that the many details needed to fall into place in the coming weeks might happen smoothly so that students will be ready to fill the rooms in the school. If you're able, please join me in praying these next couple weeks for the opening of this school.
No comments:
Post a Comment