Saturday, November 27, 2010

Not a Thanksgiving Meal

At recess on Wednesday about 20 students suddenly went stampeding off the soccer field and around the school buildings barreling after an iguana. Somehow they were able to trap it under a box where one of the workers picked it up. They were so excited to have trapped their prize. With so much excitement and kids around I was afraid the iguana was going to fall over and die, but he hung in there. Here are some pictures of two of my students holding the iguana. Some people in Nicaragua make a soup from iguanas. Apparrently it tastes like chicken, but I've never tried it.
Last week I also saw a huge parrot hanging out at the top of a tree on campus. It was making the really loud noises, but thankfully flew away before class started. It's amazing how much wildlife we see around the school even with all the kids around.

1 comment:

Ena said...

Hi Aimee:

What fun the kids have. Here I guess they could chase the deer off the school grounds. Not likely they would catch one though. You are winding down and heading home for Christmas I guess? Have a wonderful Christmas with your family.