After sending out my last newsletter, some of you asked how it is having an interactive whiteboard. This has been a great investment on the part of the school. I use it often as a way to get kids attention. In our unit on Science we would start each lesson with a little 3 minute video clip about some insect or spider. In Math there are many great interactive games to practice multiplication. When the students break into groups one of the groups is at the whiteboard. In the picture below is a lesson on irregular plural nouns. Other students are working at their desks while groups came up to play this "Who wants to be a millionaire game" to practice making irregular plural nouns.
The equipment didn't come without its hiccups. I waited several weeks to get a second video card so that I would be able to see the picture on my computer screen and the projector at the same time. We also had several days without power. This could be frustrating because in the morning I would get all the activities to use for the day ready on the computer. Then by 9:00 the power went out for the rest of the day and all that work was gone. More recently though it has been working smoothly and the students really enjoy seeing what I'm going to put up on the board.
2 comments:
Very cool! =)
Hey Aimee:
Great to read about your Nica adventures. I hate snakes, so I'm glad I was oblivious to them when I was visting in Feb. Great to see you new mimeo board. You are miles ahead of HCS!! Have a great November.
Post a Comment