Saturday, January 17, 2009

C2C Day 10

So the next morning after biking for 8 days straight my alarm goes off once again at 5:00am. I woke up very confused and wondering what all that noise was, where was I, and why am I awake in the middle of the night. Well when reality sunk in I realized that I was in my bed, it wasn't the middle of the night, and I needed to get up to go to school. So day 10 found me teaching. It was a bit of a whirlwind to be biking in remote areas, to crossing the capital city, to celebrating the end of an accomplishment, and then jump right back in to normal life. I was able to share some stories with my students and they asked lots of question.
But now what? On Wednesday we presented the trip to our highschool students and one of the guys on our team brought home two good points from the trip. First, we were just a group of average people who had a big dream. Everyone thought that we were nearly crazy or insane to do it, but it was done and was very successful. So... don't give up on your crazy ideas. When we do something crazy for God, He'll help you through it. Second point was to have an attitude of service. Accomplishing a trip like this takes alot of teamwork. I would definitely have to say that there were some people who had a big heart for service on this trip. They would be the ones who would change peoples flats, make bike repairs on other peoples bikes before their own, take the position at the back of the group to help others, and all around be a good encourager. For me they were a model of service with a Christ-like attitude. One of the people on the trip who really demonstrated this to me was Chepe. He had cut his finger and gotten it stitched up even before the trip began and yet he pedalled the whole way. At one point some of the stitches came loose but he kept going and kept helping people when they had bike problems. He also wrote a song about the trip which I hope get from him this week so I can post it.

Go Chepe

No comments: