Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanksgiving Again

Can never be thankful enough, so I'm learning to enjoy the opportunity to celebrate it twice; once in Canadian timing and once in American timing. I wish I was a more grateful person; God has given me so much that I don't even really deserve. I need to learn to appreciate it more. I've been particularly thankful this year for:
*Family: Always one for the top of the list right? I've been thankful that I've found a easy, accessible, and cheap way to talk to family.
*Friends: Super thankful for a great community of friends here in Nicaragua and in Canada.
*Bible Study: We have been studying the book of Daniel and are almost through it. I have realized from this study that there is soooooo much more to learn in God's Word.
*Students: I'm thankful for the energy and enthusiasm of my students. I'm thankful for their simple words of wisdom.
*Health: So many people have been sick in the past couple weeks. I'm so glad that I've been spared any illnesses in the past couple weeks.
*Opportunities.
I've realized that I've been a little shy lately, either that or too busy. It's not that there isn't anything to write about though. Lots has been going on in the past couple weeks, but I'll keep this update school related. We are heading into the time of year where classes seem to get interrupted for lots of different reasons. Today we had our Thanksgiving program for parents. For the program my students told the story "I know an old woman who swallowed a pie" which is a play off the book "I know an old woman who swallowed a fly." I think some people thought the story was never going to end. After the program the students served the parents a Thanksgiving meal: potatoes, chicken, salad, bread, and rice. We were told that Nicaraguans must have rice in the meal hence the 3 carbs meal. Next week we have our Christmas program already which seems early but after this weekend it is December. I guess I will tell the rest of the update through pictures.
Making turkeys to celebrate Thanksgiving.
The Thanksgiving FeastTeamwork! There were lots of tumbles and crashes prior to this pyramid.

But all in good fun!

No comments: