Whoa, time sure flies because my last two weeks in Canada are already over. I spent most of my time around Port Dover. Mom and I took my nieces and nephews mini golfing and to the zoo. We also spent a couple of days weeding the gardens. I made some final visits and some final purchases before packing my bags once again. As I flew away from Canada I came up with a list of things I appreciate about visiting Canada.
Mini golfing in Port Dover
Zachary and Rachel building sandcastles at the beach
Andrew and Charlie petting a baby lion
Andrew playing at the splash park7 Tim Hortons. There was rarely a time when I was out with family that we didn’t stop at Tim Hortons, without fail I always ordered the Sour Cream Glazed Donut. In fact Sara and I stopped there after midnight on our way back from the airport. Mmm!
6 Spicy Gouda (Dutch Cheese). Without fail mom always has some on the table when I’m home, probably when I’m not home too. I think we went through half a wheel while I was home. It’s great on raisin bread, no joke!
5 Hot Water. I think I scared myself a couple times when hot water came out of the faucet, but I did enjoy it. I heard more than once, “Are you done in the shower yet?” It was great to have a warm one. I had a hot bath many times in spite of the fact that it is summer in Canada.
4 No Ants. I couldn’t believe it when my mom would leave food, even sweets, out on the counter and sometimes for long periods of time. My food would have walked away if I left it that long on the counter in Nicaragua. I was taught by a veteran missionary that when cooling a dessert or cake you can set up a bowl with water, put a cup in the center and the dessert on top. It works. The no ant zone.
3 Fruit. I love the fruit in Nicaragua, but there are lots of fruits we don’t get. I sure did enjoy eating pears, cherries, blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, kiwis, and nectarines.
2 Birkenstocks. Among some Americans in Nicaragua, Birkenstocks are considered ‘out of style’. Well, I was happy to see many people still wearing them in Canada.
1 Family. Definitely the highlight of the trip was family, something I don’t get a big dosage of during the school year. I enjoyed being home for Father’s Day, family camping, Canada Day, coffee times, etc.
No comments:
Post a Comment