With the passing of Thanksgiving Day, I thought I should share a few things that I'm thankful for. We've had rain pretty much straight for the last 5 days. It seems to be either a misty, light, medium, or a hard rain. The rain has also brought cooler weather; as a result the students came to school with their winter coats (no joke). It feels like winter is coming upon us, although I doubt it will snow.
1. I'm thankful for Canadians in Nicaragua: About 20 of us got together last Sunday night to have a dinner together. I don't know how we did it, but we had all the fixings for a perfect Thanksgiving meal. It's hard to find many of the ingredients here needed for a tradition Thanksgiving meal. Even so we had turkey, ham, mashed potatoes, stuffing, cranberry sauce, pumpkin pie, and apple pie. I feel very spoiled to have enjoyed this wonderful evening. The picture on the left is of Hannah and I on Sunday night.
2. I'm thankful for family: It keeps getting bigger; it's great. What a blessing technology is which enables us to make the distances seem so small.
3. I'm thankful for community: I always tell me students that there are people in Canada who are praying for them. The prayers and support is greatly felt. I'm also thankful for the community in Nicaragua which is very supportive and helps to make life here much easier.
4. I'm thankful for life in Christ: What a privelage it is to know that our God loves us. It's amazing to experience his grace and be blessed by Him each day.
5. I'm thankful for students: I love spending each day with my class. What a fun journey of learning and growing we go on each day. They come to school with such bright smiles and an eagerness to learn.
5. I'm thankful for students: I love spending each day with my class. What a fun journey of learning and growing we go on each day. They come to school with such bright smiles and an eagerness to learn.
1 comment:
I wonder Aimee,
is it a cultural thing, this coming to class with a big smile on their face? Does this happen more in Nicaragua than it does in North America?
Fran
Post a Comment